Sunday 26 October 2014

Paris part 1: The Laduree experience

Last week I was in beautiful Paris with one of my best friends. We stayed for four days, saw all the sights and walked the small streets of Montmartre and Le Marais. But there was one thing we both had on our bucketlist: a trip to Laduree en get the macarons from there! As a lover of sweets and pastries you just have to, right?! So we went from our hotel to Arc de Triomphe, and walked to the famous Champs Elysee. After a lunchbreak, we searched for the Laduree shop. And we found it! The outside already looked impressive.


When we came inside there was already a long line of people. We joined the line and had to wait to choose the flavours of macarons we wanted. There were so many flavours to choose from; mint, chocolate, caramel, gingerbread, pistachio, vanilla, raspberry and many more! There were also many gorgeous pastries for sale.


The inside of the building, where you can also drink tea, was also quite impressive. Overall it was a really cool experience, especially as a baker myself. Very inspirational! If you are ever in Paris and you live baking and pastries, I would defenitely recommend you to go to Laduree. Worth the trip to Champs Elysee!

3 comments:

  1. man they had a LaDuree in Antwerp and I never visited, just wanna slap myself. these pictures are so awesome and now I'm craving macarons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, too bad you didnt go!! I think it's a good reason to go to Antwerp again..or even better: to Paris ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm my mouth is watering. SO pretty!

    ReplyDelete