Sunday 3 February 2013

Behind the blog: Lemonwood and Honey

Hi my friends! Today I want to share a new 'Behind the blog' with you all. This time I want to spotlight the lovely Britney from Lemonwood and Honey. 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Britney, welcome to Even Sweeter Dreams. Could you tell us a bit about yourself and where you are from?

Hello! I’m Britney (obviously) and I run a blog called Lemonwood and Honey and a newly opened online store! I’m 19, a vegetarian and living in New Zealand where I was born and raised!



What are your favourite things to do to pass time?

I spent most of my childhood reading and dreaming so naturally those are two of my favourite things to do. But at the same time the adult version of myself has come to the realisation that living is so much more than dreaming. I love baking too! And find myself covered in cake flour a lot of the time. If I am not baking I’m playing with my animals or exercising. I know! What girl loves exercise? This one does!

When and why did you start your blog?

I started my blog in December of 2010. Part of me decided to blog as a way to pass the time over the long summer between my final year of high school and my first year of uni (I am currently in my third and final!). At first it was a private blog, me being the only reader! The other part of me just wanted to document my life and ultimately I ended up sharing it. I can not imagine a life without blogging anymore. I have found myself through blogging and have made some incredible friends that I would not otherwise have if it wasn’t for the amazing internet!


What makes your blog unique?

I love to have fun and I like to share that with the internet! My blog is so much more than a girl in a pretty dress or the diary of a young woman. Its about living rather than existing and adventure. Its about getting the best out of it. Life is an amazing possibility and we just have to make the most of those opportunities. You can do and be whatever you want to be. If you dream it, do it and most importantly live it!

What is your favourite thing about blogging?

I love the community that there is around blogging but I also have a terrible memory so I adore capturing those moments so that in years to come I can look back on my life with fond memories!

You have just opened your webshop Chemistry, could you tell us about your shop and what you sell?

Chemistry has been but a dream for the past two years. I finally thought that rather than waiting I should let it go no matter what state it was in. And I did! In the long run Chemistry will be stocking a curated collection of items for your home and yourself. I believe that it is so important to live a happy, exciting and fun life and that is what I aim to deliver when you open your parcel from Chemistry.

Webshops and independent artists seems to be on the rise, what do you think of this?

I think its great that people are following their dreams and desires rather than settling for a job that pays the bills. At the same time it makes for a competitive market place. The internet is now saturated with creators from YouTube channels and video makers to hand made shop owners and bloggers. Its more important than ever to have something that is uniquely new. Find that and you’ll be brilliant at whatever you do! And you should be brilliant. Why should you ever settle for anything less?

Who are your favourite artists/webshops?

One person who really inspires me in her shop is Kate Gabrielle from the blog Scathingly Brilliant. One of her ventures is called Flapper Doodle and she makes amazing illustrations! She is also super cute and currently ModCloth’s blogger of the moment.
Speaking of Modcloth I do love them! They are such an inspiration when I think about Chemistry and where I’d like it to be in the future. Modcloth had such humble beginnings and now its reaching out to people all around the world! I’d like to do something similar to that with Chemistry.
In the music world I very much admire Harry and his brother Alfie collectively know as Hudson Taylor. I don’t know what it is about them! They are just brilliant. Maybe its the Irish factor that makes them more appealing. Plus Harry is just so adorably awkward!
My favourite video makers would be Tessa and Shawna who run separate YouTube Channels Meekakitty and Nanalew. I find their work both hilarious and encouraging not to mention inspiring. They have such amazing talent and the films they create are always brilliant and beyond. I love film as a medium!
See what I mean! The internet is now saturated with so many creative people and inspiration!

How do you see the future for both your blog and webshop?

Gosh! Sometimes I find the future so hard to look at. I aim to live for the now as much as possible. In 2013 I would like to create a cohesiveness between both of my ventures (blogging and my online store) and also become immensely proud and giddy over them. I would love to develop an amazing community around both of them. Goals are but dreams until we work toward them! Whatever it is that you are doing make sure you do it! Don’t chase after your dreams. Live them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks so much Britney! Do visit Britney's blog and shop. You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment