Saturday 18 May 2013

Never too old to dream a new dream.

I really love this quote from C.S. Lewis. And it is oh so true! I always love setting goals for myself and I really work hard to make my dreams and goals come true. Sometimes you can only take small steps towards a dream, but then again: every step, is one step closer right?!
From age 24 to age 29 I was a musicjournalist, always on the road and off to shows or doing interviews. Especially in summertime, which is festivalseason, I would have no weekend off as I was always out writing reviews or speaking to the artists performing there. And I loved it soooo much, It really was my life! Music was my life. Besides the writing, I would also coach two bands as a manager. I would arrange press and shows for them. So if I wasn't writing about music, I was being a musicmanager. Kinda crazy huh?!
Now, at age 30, I work at a bakery and baking has become my new passion in life. If someone told me this when I was 26 I would not believe it! But now, I really love it. I want to become better and better at baking and make it my hobby and job at the same time. You're never too old to dream a new dream, so right! I always thought that I would be a musicjournalist for life, or at least work in the musicindustry forever. But I love what I do now! And I am so happy that I took this new route in life. Yeah, it can be scary at first and I had my moments where I doubted my decision, but I am so happy I am where I am today. Music is still a big part of my life, and one of my passions. But I know that it is a tought world to work in, the musicindustry is one filled with ego's. I want to make people happy with what I do, and what better way then to bake cakes! Courage is always rewarded, so go after that dream, even if you take small steps! You will get there!

2 comments:

  1. You know that I read somewhere that the average person changes careers at least five times in their lives? This quota really resonates with me too. I have been thinking of all the different things I want to do when I retire from what I currently do, and they are all different. Who could hate baking delicious sweets every day??? -Jessica L

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 5 times is quite alot :D Who knows, but for now I will stick to baking haha.

      xx Susie

      Delete